PN Polytechnic Institute (PNPI)
It was established in 1951 as PN Dockyard Apprentices School for exclusive training of civilian apprentices corresponding to industrial requirements of PN Dockyard. The school was shifted to its present location in 1976. Later, it was named as Dockyard Training School in 1986. Initially, the apprenticeship scheme was of five years duration till 1963, however, it was subsequently converted to four years program in 1967. The institute was affiliated with Sindh Board of Technical Education (SBTE) in 1994 and the certificate was upgraded to Diploma of Associate Engineer (DAE). Over the years, the school has emerged as a premiere institute for awarding Diploma of Associate Engineer in Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics and Ships Construction Technologies. It was renamed as PN Polytechnic Institute (PNPI) in August 2007 and accorded independent status under HQs Commander Logistics. In the start the numbers of apprentices were less but gradually it has been increased considerably. Now 250 apprentices join PNPI each year. The DAE Evening Program on self-finance basis started in 2009 to award diploma in Electrical, Mechanical, Electronics and Computer Information Technology.
To efficiently conduct DAE / Mid Career / Basic Technical Courses as approved by NHQs for the Civilian Industrial workforce of Pakistan Navy and Civilian students under self-finance scheme.
To be an efficient and modern technical training institute, manned by motivated & qualified human resource in order to provide Trained Industrial Work Force for Pakistan Navy.
The primary role is to train PN civilian apprentices for award of Diploma of Associate Engineer (DAE) in Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics and Ship Construction Technologies. The institute also conducts regular IT and Mid Career Courses for PN Civilian Technical Manpower. The secondary role of PNPI is to conduct DAE (Evening Program) in Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics and CIT for civilians on self finance basis.